Brewery tours launch from a central meeting point and visit 3 breweries in Greater Pittsburgh. Beer from each brewery is included. Tour participants can choose from a sampler flight of several beers at each stop. The tour takes about 3-3.5 hours.
What's included in a craft beer tour?
- About 3 pints worth of YOUR CHOICE of beer samples
- Fun facts about Pittsburgh and its beer
- VIP treatment from the guide and breweries
- A behind-the-scenes brewery tour at one or more stops
- Water and chips on the bus
- A cooler to store growlers you buy along the way
- Unique exposure to the emerging beer scene
- Exclusive discounts on merch at select breweries
How long are the tours?
Tours visit 3 breweries in about 3 hours, give or take 30 minutes for our city's infamous traffic. And sunshine. Tours tend to move a little slower when there is sun to be enjoyed on breweries' patios. Here's a sample schedule:
- 1:00pm - Leave Federal Galley and make fun of "Lite" beer
- 1:15pm - Arrive at 1st Brewery and choose beer samples
- 1:30pm - VIP tour with brewmaster and forced keg cleaning manual labor (kidding!)
- 2:00pm - Leave for second brewery feeling pleasantly toasty
- 2:15pm - Arrive at 2nd Brewery and select beer samples
- 2:30pm - VIP tour with brewmaster and goofy joke lesson
- 3:00pm - Snap a few pics and prepare for final brewery
- 3:15pm - Arrive at 3rd and choose beer samples
- 3:30pm - Solidify Facebook friendship with other riders
- 4:00pm - Finish food, beer and long rambling story
- 4:15pm - Return to Federal Galley to continue your afternoon
Which breweries do tours visit?
We partner with 20+ local breweries to provide memorable experiences. We make sure each tour has a great line-up! Here are a few favorites.
- Dancing Gnome in Sharpsburg
- Church Brew Works in Lawrenceville
- Leaning Cask in Springdale
- Enix Brewing in Homestead
- Grist House in Millvale
- Couch Brewery in Larimer
- East End in Larimer
- Rock Bottom in Homestead
- 11th Hour in Lawrenceville
- Allegheny City Brewing in North Side
- Full Pint Brewing in Lawrenceville
- War Streets Brewing in North Side
- Voodoo Brewing in Homestead
- Abjuration Brewing in McKees Rocks
- Cobblehaus Brewing in Coraopolis
- 412 Brewing in North Side
- Burgh'ers Brewing in Lawrenceville
Which types of tours are available?
Public tours are open to all beer lovers who are 21 years of age or older, which is the legal drinking age in Pennsylvania. Most beer tours cost $59 and non-drinkers can tag along for $40. Tag-alongs must also be 21 years of age or older.
Are your tours handicapped accessible?
Yes! Just please give us a heads up via our contact form.
Is BYOB allowed?
Tours include plenty of samples so please no BYOB on public or private tours. This is a rule for several reasons. First, this is a celebration of local beer, not a booze cruise. We don't mean to sound snooty, but we want to set expectations. Second, lots of passengers don't finish their beer or ask for half pours at the last stop. You can always pick up an extra pint or fill a growler along the way!
Is this a local tour company?
Heck yes! The company is owned by proud Pittsburghers. The tours are given by proud Pittsburghers. Porter Tours is also heavily invested in the community, providing cash and in-kind donations to local charities and breweries. We love this city so it should be no surprise that we invest in it.
Private events can also be arranged. Please visit this page for more info.